Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day

It is Earth Day again. There has been a lot of talk lately about climate change and going green.

There is information all over the place when it comes to going green. If you like watching TV then go to the Earth Day Network TV. They have some interesting information about alternative fuels, going green and some other environmental information. Some of their stuff is kind of alarmist but I feel that the issue is very important. Taking what the scientists who study the Earth's Climate are saying things could make a change for the worse here on Earth.

There are so many ways that we are damaging our environment but I think that the most interesting way that we can reduce the impact that we have on our environment is that we can seek different forms of energy production. We have the First Solar manufacturing plant in Perrysburg. There are 4 wind turbines in Bowling Green. There is also a web site about renewable energy in Ohio.

TARTA is participating in a government funded study by driving biodiesel buses.

Also to see what what the government thinks about the environment you can go to the Ohio EPA

I don't know much about them but I thought that I'd mention if you would like to become active the environmental action go to Environment Ohio. I'm sure that there are some local environmental groups but I couldn't find any with a simple Google search.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Earth Day.

No comments: