Sunday, April 22, 2007

Walk about my neighborhood part 2

The second interesting part of my walk around my neighborhood was when I went into the Ottawa Park. I found out that there is a very interesting amphitheater in the park. It is just screaming for a show to be performed in it. maybe some live musical performances or a play. I just wonder if anyone knows about it.






I noticed that there was a fallen tree in the amphitheater. I hope they clean it up soon.






There was a small group of University of Toledo students going around and cleaning up around the park. I stopped for a while and helped out. Unfortunately due to my terrible memory I have forgotten their names and the name of the organization they are members. (please forgive me) If you ladies happen to stop by and read the post then please let me know and I'll fix it. I think it is wonderful that some of the student in the area are contributing to the area surrounding the university.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know that something IS being done at the Ottawa Park amphitheatre, which is indeed a great space. This coming September, The Harvest Theatre (www.harvesttheatre.com) will be staging Shakespeare in the Park the second and third weekends. I'll be directing The Taming of The Shrew, which I have set in a 1950's country club in the semi-mythical suburb of Padua, Ohio.

It's Shakespeare, it's Ottawa Park and best of all, it's free.

laser said...

That is great to hear! When I first saw the space I thought that Shakespeare would be perfect at that location.

laser said...

Looks like you're going to be doing the shows on Sept. September 6th-9th and 13th -16th. Do you know a time?

Unknown said...

Mark, the Shrew performances are at 3 each day. Hope to see you there.